AquiStain represents a new generation of non-toxic fluorescent protein stains developed to identify and quantify low-abundance proteins.
AquiStain’s dyes are synthetic analogues of epicocconone, a small, naturally occurring fluorescent molecule. This eco-friendly fluorescent protein stain covalently and reversibly binds in a pH -dependent manner to lysine, arginine and histidine residues in proteins and peptides to yield an intensely red fluorescent product. This unique mechanism delivers sensitive quantification of proteins in biological media as well as unparalleled compatibility with downstream analytical methods including 1D and 2D gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, Edman sequencing and functional analysis.
• Very sensitive in comparison to Sypro® Ruby or silver stain-based protein detection
• Ideal for multiplexing with other fluorophores
• Displays a very large Stoke’s shift (~100 nm)
• Soluble in both water and in lipid bi-layers
• Used in living systems to measure dynamic processes in real time
• Compatible with standard instrumentation for fluorescence
• Environmentally friendly, heavy metal free and non-toxic
Aquistain RED Fluorescent Total Protein Stain
AquiStain RED dye is the most sensitive fluorescent protein stain to detect total proteins separated by 1D and 2D gel electrophoresis, or immobilized on PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes, and is fully compatible with mass spectrometry, Edman sequencing and functional analysis.
AquiStain RED covalently binds to proteins and is completely pH-reversible. Thanks to its high stability, gels stained with AquiStain RED display low background and no speckles. This results in up to 30% more low-abundance proteins being detected. AquiStain RED has also proved to be much more photostable, with a half-life of 33 min on a UV transilluminator.
This reversible dye can be simply removed by washing. Proteins can be analysed by mass spectrometry, immuno-staining and / or functional analysis.
Unlike other coloured protein stains, AquiStain RED contains no heavy metals, is environmentally friendly and easy to use.
• Flexible: 1D or 2D electrophoresis gels, native or denatured; nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes.
• Eco-friendly: a non-toxic dye, free from heavy metals
• Sensitive: up to 50 pg / spot of proteins detected
• Compatible: with mass spectrometry, DIGE, Blot and phosphoprotein
• Wide dynamic range (over 4-orders of magnitude)
• Low background
• Multiplex compatible: with other fluorophores (e.g. Cy™ Dyes), other stains (e.g. Coomassie®, silver).
AquiPEP Protein & Peptide Fluorescent Quantitation Kit
This novel fluorescence based assay kit is designed for accurate and highly sensitive quantification of proteins. Non-denaturing, covalent and reversible binding to Lys, Arg and His residues generates and intense red fluorescence.
AquiPEP Protein & Peptide Quantification offers many advantages compared to other peptides quantification methods:
• Very sensitive: 100 ng/mL (peptides) and 40 ng/mL (proteins)
• Low peptide-peptide or protein-protein variability, improving accuracy for complex samples
• Wide dynamic range, over 3-orders of magnitude
• Robust to interfering compounds: such as DNA, Detergents, DTT and Urea
• Safe and environmentally friendly: non-toxic, heavy metal free
• Easy to use and quick: 60-minute protocol, no heating and no reduction steps
• Designed for use in a wide range of fluorescence measuring instruments
AquiCELL Live Cell Imaging Stain
AquiCELL Live Cell Imaging Stain is a fluorescent marker with a low molecular weight and small size. This fluorophore is non-toxic, cell-permeable and can be excited by several laser sources. Moreover, AquiCELL binds covalently and reversibly to primary amines, permitting detection and analysis of biomolecules.