The Protein Crystallisation Starter Kit is designed to introduce students to the field of protein Crystallisation. It contains all material you need to start to grow great looking Lysozyme crystals – a real highlight in Biology or Chemistry courses!Two different experiments can be carried out using the Protein Crystallisation Starter Kit:
- Growing Lysozyme crystals using the hanging drop method, demonstrating the dependence of crystal formation and crystal growth on salt concentration and buffer pH
- Growing Lysozyme crystals within minutes using the batch Crystallisation method
The kit contains two Crystallisation plates, cover slides and a microscope slide, a syringe pre-filled with sealing grease, all necessary buffer and salt stock solutions and a small tube containing pre-filtered Lysozyme solution.
JBS Crystallisation Freshman Kit
JBS Crystallisation Freshman Kit – Junior
For newcomers in the field of protein crystallography: Set up your first 4 Crystallisation plates using our JBScreen JCSG++ reagents and see if you have beginner’s luck on the way to well diffracting protein crystals.
JBS Crystallisation Freshman Kit – Scholar
The JBS Crystallisation Freshman Kit – Scholar is the extended version of our JBS Crystallisation Freshman Kit – Junior. Our unique JBScreen Classic reagents and 40 pregreased Crystallisation plates allow a rather extensive screening of one or more proteins, peptides, nucleic acids or macromolecular complexes in order to grow single crystals suitable for X-ray diffraction analysis.
How to get started – Crystallisation Model Proteins
Jena Bioscience offers Crystallisation Model Proteins can be utilized in Crystallisation experiments as well as Crystallisation training and demos.
They offer 4 proteins which can be easily crystallized within days as lyophilized powder or in a stabilization buffer:
- Lysozyme (Chicken egg white)
- Lipase B (Candida antarctica)
- Xylanase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum)
- Proteinase K (Tritirachium album)
How to get started – Crystal Handling Kit
The Crystal Handling Kit will help you to acquire skills in protein Crystallisation, crystal mounting and data collection.
Each kit contains:
- 4 proteins, i.e. Lysozyme, Lipase B, Xylanase and Proteinase K
- Optimized solubilization and Crystallisation buffers for each protein
- MicroMounts™ and Goniometer Bases, as well as
- A user manual with instructions for protein Crystallisation using the hanging-drop vapor diffusion method and crystal mounting using MiTeGen’s MicroMounts™